• The Slippery Frog was the first of its kind utility club
• The head is a 16 degree 3 wood in general shape
• It is the weight and length of a typical putter
• Versatile club that can be used from the green side fringe, first or second cuts of rough or approach shots to the green
• Designed to reduce turf drag and get the ball up and out of the fringe and quickly rolling on the greens surface
• Players have been known to use it from the fairway and the tee also
Originating in 1916 when John Hillerich, the great-grandfather of current CEO and President John Hillerich IV and founder of the Louisville Slugger company, first started making golf clubs from persimmon, the Powerbilt brand produced the finest line of persimmon woods in the golf industry. In 1934, Olin Dutra used the new PowerBilt clubs to capture the U.S. Open by one stroke over Gene Sarazen. Throughout the 1960s, 70s and 80s PowerBilt Citation Persimmon Woods were the standard by which all drivers and fairway woods were judged. During the 1980s alone, PowerBilt clubs won two-dozen events on the PGA Seniors/Champions Tour.
For More Information: http://www.powerbilt.com/