• The Air Titanium driver has a 300 cc volume head on a 46” shaft
• PowerBilt utilized CNC (Compressed Nitrogen Chamber) technology from its Slugger baseball bat division (which it pioneered) and incorporated it within this club for the first time in the sport of Golf
• Nitrogen gas is forced into the chamber and pressurized to 32psi
• The pressurized chamber supports a thinner, titanium wall construction which allows the sweetspot to be enlarged without fear of face failure
• Larger sweetspot means that off center hits are more accurate and carry farther
• The nitrogen filled chamber acts a vibration dampener which translates into a pleasing sound and feel at impact
Originating in 1916 when John Hillerich, the great-grandfather of current CEO and President John Hillerich IV and founder of the Louisville Slugger company, first started making golf clubs from persimmon, the Powerbilt brand produced the finest line of persimmon woods in the golf industry. In 1934, Olin Dutra used the new PowerBilt clubs to capture the U.S. Open by one stroke over Gene Sarazen. Throughout the 1960s, 70s and 80s PowerBilt Citation Persimmon Woods were the standard by which all drivers and fairway woods were judged. During the 1980s alone, PowerBilt clubs won two-dozen events on the PGA Seniors/Champions Tour.
For More Information: http://www.powerbilt.com/