• The X-Tour irons are designed for the higher level golfer seeking the feel of a forged iron and the core, playability technology Callaway is known for
• The 1020 forged carbon face is laser welded onto the 1020 forged carbon body allowing Callaway engineers to provide desirable, soft feel in a forgiving clubhead
• 2 piece design allows incorporation of Callaway’s 360 degree undercut channel with ”notch” weighting. This concentrates the perimeter weighting toward the heel and toe for increased MOI (moment of inertia) making the club more forgiving and consistent
• Modified bore-through hosel creates longer hosel lengths lowering the center of gravity for enhanced playability
• Cambered topline for more traditional aesthetics
• Minimal offset, smaller head and squarer toe provide the look desired by many demanding golfers
The story of Callaway Golf begins with the company’s founder and namesake Ely Callaway, a passionate businessman and well known figure in the game of Golf. The company got its start when Mr. Callaway bought a small wedge and putter company called “Hickory Stick USA”, which later became “Callaway Hickory Stick USA” and eventually “Callaway Golf”. From the beginning the company was committed to producing quality product for golfers of all skill levels. Mr. Callaway called it “Demonstrably Superior and Pleasingly Different” (DPSD) golf clubs. Though the company has grown exponentially since it’s modest start in 1982 (when Mr.Callaway would deliver product himself from the back of his Cadillac) the commitment to innovation and quality remains. Now a publicly traded company, Callaway is one of the most visible names in golf with a product line that encompasses the full spectrum of equipment and accessories including drivers, irons, wedges, putters and balls. Callaway golf also owns Top-Flite Golf Company, Odyssey Putters, Ben Hogan and Strata Brands.
For More Information: http://www.callawaygolf.com/